Sunday, July 4, 2010

A new Era



I woke up today morning to find an extremely pleasant weather outside my window.Though not an early riser especially on Sunday’s , still I could not put myself back to sleep again. This weather is such a rarity in this latitude and longitude that I crave for it all the time , myself having spent most of my time in a latitude and longitude that witnesses a good 2 months of monsoon and incessant rains. I just love the greenery all around , the trees , grass and houses all bathed in fresh rain !!!
Anyway , let me not get carried away with this beautiful weather , the post is about something else that I wanted to share.It’s about my maid . Our earlier maid – Mumtaz or we fondly call her ‘Momo’ is on leave for 2 months .Sadly, she has had a mild paralytic attack , so she is on bed rest. There began a search for a new maid as one day without Momo was enough to realize and appreciate her worth and importance. We , got a new one… a shy , coy ,barely 21-22 years old. Her name is ‘Meher’ and she has a 6 months old daughter.I came to know something very surprising yesterday. My maid has a “Maid” !!!!! Yes !!!! Meher has kept a help who comes to look after her little daughter while she is away for work !!! and how ignorant I was…I used to think only the Urban working class keep nannies / help for their babies .Wowww.. I’m really amazed and happy to see this progression in society. Meher pays Rs.1000 to the maid who looks after her baby out of a total Rs 7000 that she earns per month !!!

2 comments:

  1. Thats an interesting one !! The maid's MAID !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really India is developing now..Maid's maid -Nice concept.

    ReplyDelete