Thursday, July 1, 2010

The first Monsoon showers..


My collegue in office called me to say that she is taking the day off today. I was just getting ready in the morning to go to my office but call it a chain reaction or whatever , I suddenly felt like not going myself. So , I took the ‘Work from home ‘ option today.There was no work today , I actually enjoyed the whole day talking on phone , watching TV and having lunch.Sometime , in the evening , I got a call from my office that there was some issue and so I needed to be there for sometime .I walked to my office , my office being a stone’s throw away from my apartment.The weather was surprisingly cool and nice. It was actually starting to get windy and I could feel that it was going to rain.I reached office and turned on my laptop to begin my work .I have a window facing seat which gives a clear view of the outside if the curtains are not drawn. I drew the curtains apart , so that I could see the dark clouds outside.And…then… it rained  . It rained heavily . Wow… I went downstairs with one of my friends in the open lobby .There were many people like us trying to get absorbed in the beauty of the first monsoon showers.Almost everybody was looking happy and busy in their chit-chats. We went to the office cafeteria.Today they were serving hot samosas !!! We also ordered samosas and enjoyed our evening.

1 comment:

  1. Chai n Samosas !! Enjoy the rains !! U'r lucky to have the office so close by. Mine is 30 odd kms away :( It makes me pray that it doesn't rain :P

    ReplyDelete